Happy Wednesday! I don’t know about you guys but during the summertime I don’t like cooking in 100 degree weather it’s just to hot for all of that. For today’s lifestyle post I’m going to share some light and quick meals that you can make right now. If you are looking for new ideas I’ve got you covered so keep reading for all the deets.
5 quick dinner recipes for summer
Crunchy Ranch Corn On The Cob
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup Health Choice Power Dressing
- 1 cup crushed Ranch flavored corn chips
- Brush each ear of corn with a generous amount of Ranch dressing.
- Spread the ground corn chips onto a plate and roll each ear of corn in the chips to completely coat each ear.
Creamy Gnocchi With Butternut Squash And Kale
- 1 package Cappello’s Gnocchi
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 large kale stalks
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup parmesan, salt and pepper
- Add the 4 tablespoons butter to a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add the squash and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the squash is tender and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the salt, garlic, cinnamon, cumin and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the half and half to the pan and stir to coat, then add the gnocchi and kale, cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan being careful not to smash the gnocchi as you mix season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate immediately and top with more parmesan and/or sage.
Crispy Chickpea And Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Healthy Choice Power Dressings Creamy Italian
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 english cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bush scallions
- thinly sliced 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat leaf parsely
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 4 lemon wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a paper towel or a clean dish towel to pat dry the chickpeas.
- In a bowl, toss chickpeas with Italian dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until crispy about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway.
- In a medium saucepan and bring 4 cups water and the quinoa to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, mint, and parsley to the quinoa and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in Italian dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature on a bed of greens and top with crispy chickpeas and a lemon wedge.
Shrimp and Bacon Pizza
- 1 Cappello’s Naked Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 pieces of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup pizza cheese
- 7-10 frozen cooked shrimps, thawed with tails removed
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a very small saucepan over low heat, add the garlic and oil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- The remove from the heat and separate the garlic from the oil and set aside.
- While the garlic cooks, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove and set on paper towel to drain.
- Spread the crust with pizza sauce, sprinkle the cheese in an even layer, then top with the bacon, shrimp and roasted garlic.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes then remove from the oven and drizzle with garlic oil.
Sticky Apricot Chicken
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup Healthy Choice Power Dressings Garden French
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry.
- Generously season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large dish, whisk together the jam, dressing, vinegar, and garlic and toss with the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinate and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven and increase the temperature to 425 F.
- Spoon the reserved marinade over the chicken and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake until the glaze on the skin caramelized about 15 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken on a platter and pour any additional cooked glaze from the baking sheet over it.
Which recipe will you be trying out this summer? Let me know in the comments.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
5 thoughts on “5 Quick Dinner Recipes For Summer”
Ohhhh thank you for the recipes gal the stick apricot chicken looks delicious
Lots of love,
Serene xoxo ♥
Thank you so much
All these recipes sound right up my street! Especially the pizza and the wings. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for checking out my blog 🙂