Sequins are a lot of fun to wear, sequined pieces are very jazzy. However most of us probably feel like sequins are only appropriate for the holiday season because they are so festive and bold. However I declare 2016 is the year that we all [including myself] step out of our comfort zones and slay this year. You can definitely wear sequins anytime of the year and if you need tips on how to rock sequins while looking fierce and fabulous then keep on reading.
Style inspiration: how to rock sequins
- If you want to rock sequins pants, add a crisp white shirt and blazer, denim jacket or even a leather vest over it for a little edge. Pair it with high heels shoes or flats and this look becomes daytime appropriate and you could even wear this to work if you like.
- For a more laid back or casual look try wearing a sequined skirt with a sweater and chunky boots to tone down the bright sparkle your sequined skirt is sure to give off.
- You can never go wrong with a sequined blazer. Be bold and pair your blazer with a plain tee and jeans let your sequined blazer be your statement piece.
- If you’re a little gun-shy when it comes to wearing sequins opt for a blouse or sweater with a dab of sparkle. It will be just enough for a day at the office.
- If you feel more comfortable having sequined accessories then opt for a handbag, shoes or jewelry that is adorned with sequined instead. Just remember keep the accessories to a minimum, you don’t want to overdo it.
Are you a fan of sequins? Let me know in the comments.